“Leading in Public Life” – Young Leaders Programme (University of Cape Town, South Africa).
Leading in Public Life is a leadership development initiative of the Building Bridges Programme of the University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Development Policy & Practice. Its goal is to “build a strong cohort of innovative and courageous African leaders committed to public service, with vision, ethics and the necessary skills to bring about needed change within their sphere of influence.”
The inaugural two-week residential program took place in March 2015 in Cape Town, South Africa.
For more information, see:
- Leading in Public Life – Young Leaders Programme
- Leading in Public Life – The First Week (includes links to videos of presentations)
- Programme Overview
- Participant Biographies
Related work from The African Leadership and Progress Network (ALPN):
- “Making Leaders.” ALPN Founder/Director’s Letter to the Editor in The Economist
- The African Leadership Capacity Development Project: Developing Visionary and Transformational Leaderships for Faster African Progress
- Leadership and Governance Capacity Building in African Countries
- The Mo Ibrahim African Governance Index and Leadership Prize Revisited